Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3:

My parents

Meet my mom:She is one of my best friends. I can always count on her. When I'm not feeling loved from anyone else, I can always count on her to pick me up. She often just randomly looks at me and says 'you're so beautiful', or 'you're so cute', and I can tell that she really means it and it really boosts my confidence.
She reaches out to me even when I just want to push everyone away.
She is one of the most patient and loving people I know. She rarely raises her voice or loses her composure. I admire her strength in dificult situations. She can be firm, but rarely tempermental. She is always looking on the bright side, looking for the good in situations, and in people- even if to every one else, they dont seem to deserve the benefit of the doubt. She is always positive and happy.
She is very good at showing and expressing her love, and I am so grateful for that example in my life because sometimes I struggle with that.
My mom is so selfless, always putting my needs before hers. When I was in the hospital last year for just under a month, she was there for me every minute she wasnt at work that she could be. She would come in the morning, on her lunch, and after work. I dont know how she survived that time, nevermind me. She was my strength when I didnt have my own.


Meet my dad:









My dad is a very strong man. Hes hardworking, and will do whatever it takes to succeed.


My dads main way of showing love is through acts of service...and because I know that, I have no doubt that he loves me and my family. He is always putting my needs above his own, especially since I've been so ill the past couple years...and I am so grateful to him for all he does.


My relationship with my dad hasnt been the best for the past little while. We havent been seeing eye to eye. He is very stressed out lately, and his own health is not great...and when something's bothering him-you know it, and sometimes he's hard to be around. But my dad used to be so much fun. He was never serious...always cracking jokes, and laughing his head off.


Throughout my life my dad (and my mom) has always been my biggest fan. He would come to every single one of my soccer games, rugby games, school plays, dance shows, Choir concerts....you name it. He was there and cheering his head off (if it was a sporting event). I could always count on him to be there to cheer me on and keep me positive. He is like that in my day to day life as well, always encouraging me and letting me know he believes in me and knows I will succeed. To know that some one believes in you makes things so much easier.



My parents are by no means perfect, in fact sometimes they make me want to pull my hair out. But they are amazing people and I am so grateful for them. I would be so lost without them!

No comments: