Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 5:

My best friend(s)
I dont have just one best friend...I have a few, and I'm not very good with words so hopefully I can do them justice!



1. My sister Cathy
(I couldn't pick just one picture, it was hard enough to narrow it down to this many)


Cathy is one amazing lady. She has been my best friend since day one. My mom frequently tells the story of how when I was brought home from the hospital when I was born, Cathy moved to one side of her high chair and said "There's room for my baby sister with me!" And since then, she has always been my best friend.

Sure there were many times when she was in jr high where I was the annoying little sister who wouldnt leave her alone when she was with her friends...but for the most part we have been best friends.
I have always looked up to her so much, she is an amazing example to me. If it weren't for her I would have been the awkward sweatpant wearing kid in jr high. I'm not sure I ever would have gotten over that haha. She has always been there for me, for advice, for comfort, encouragement, laughs, hugs, and just a really good friend when I need one.
She was my personal coach in rugby and was a big reason why I did so well. She helped me believe in myself and kept me going.
I remember on days where we would get in an arguement in the morning before school, it would get me so down, and those would be my worst days....because I cared about her so much and hated making her upset.


2. Scott
A new addition to my best friends. Scott is one amazing friend. He is so patient and loving and considerate. He is a good listener, he knows when to listen and when to offer encouragement,comfort, suggestions, and advice. He is very optomistic, always looking on the bright side. His faith is so strong. He is so much fun, hes always got me laughing! It doesnt matter what we are doing, or if we are doing anything at all...I love every second of it. He has such a strong love for the gospel, and makes me want to be a better person. He's always watching out for me, and I know hes always there when I need him. He accepts me for me and makes me feel so good about myself!



3. My mom


You can read about why shes one of my best friends in the previous post about my parents.


4. My sister Brenda

Because she is 10 years older than me we weren't all that close growing up. Not to say that there was anything wrong with our relationship, we just werent as close of friends as me and Cathy simply because we were always at completely different points in life. Now that I am getting older the gap is "closing" or just doesnt matter anymore and she has become one of my best friends. She has been such an amazing example to me. Like me, she has had long struggles with her health (not the same problems but similar), and has been an amazing example of endurance and patience. She has been an amazing strength to me since I've become ill, she understands a lot of what I'm going through and can relate. She is there for me when I need some one to talk to, and always looking for ways to help me. She is also good for all the fun stuff as well...laughs, games, etc.



The next 4 are my best friends from high school, seen in this picture:




5. Lurel

Lurel has also been one of my best friends pretty much since day one. We spent so much time together at our grandma's house. It was a second home for both of us. When we were younger we used to get mad at each other and say we never wanted to see each other ever again....then in 5 minutes or less we'd be appologizing and wanting to play again. We went to the same schools from kindergarten to grade 12. Our elementary school had a whopping 156 students give or take depending on the year so we were very close wether we wanted to be or not. But we wanted to be for the most part. We were in the same family ward our whole lives as well. If some one would see one of us and not the other they would ask us where our other half was (well they asked me that anyways, cant speak for her). Anyways we have had some gooood times. We've spent hours and hours laughing our heads off about who knows what. In high school I could always count on her to keep me on the right path, she was always there for me giving me advice and encouragement. She has been an amazing example to me and I'm grateful to her for it.



6. Jasmine

Though she hated me and my friends at first, she warmed up to us and I'm so glad she did. She is an amazing friend. She has such a strong testimony, and is such a good example to me. I can always count on her. She lives in Texas now, and we write each other "sunday letters" on facebook every sunday. I love to hear her stories, and I can just picture the way she would be saying things and her facial expressions. I had a blast in choir and rugby with her and we have also had many a good times laughing together as well. I love our classic girls nights with oranges, cranberry juice, games, chick flicks, and talking (these girls nights were usually us 5 in the above picture). Jasmine is always there to give me advice and encouragement when I need it. Love that girl.



7. Breanne
Good times I've had with this girl. she is an amazing lady, and also a great example to me. My best memories with her come from choir, and girls nights. I sat by her in choir for a long time, and we had a blast. She is also always there for a listening ear, advice, and encouraging words. She is always so cheerful and I love her for that. I've also had lots of laughs with Breanne....I love to laugh, and therefore I love people that make me laugh and laugh with me. Love love love this one too.



8. Janae

...another amazing girl. She introduced me to the love of country swing dancing, and I am so glad for that, I love it! Good memories also come from girls nights. Janae is also a good example to me and another one who's good for laughs. Janae is always very encouraging and positive, making me want to be better.




I have a lot of amazing friends, and if you aren't on this list I want you to know I love you too. I have a lot of good friends, these are just some of the best!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm flattered. And amused. You're wonderful and I'd still share my high chair with you any day!

Michelle said...

Hah....why are you amused?!

lurel said...

Yay!!!