So this afternoon at practicum I am doing my thing and an alarm comes on...it didnt sound like a regular fire alarm, but I wondered if thats what it was....which it was. Anyways I looked around and people seemed to be ignoring it so I went on doing my thing...then I hear "code red, central processing. Code red central processing." Which is where I am...and I look around and everyone else is looking around at one another with confused looks on their faces like 'did I hear that right?' kinda looks. This was to say that there was a fire where we were, and there wasnt as far as we knew. So people were looking around to see if some one pulled an alarm or wondering if it is a drill.
But our manager came in and said alright lets go! So we close doors and leave. We stood outside for about 15 minutes, thank goodness it was pretty nice out today.
After we got back in and our manager called to find out if it was a drill or not he came and said well that wasnt a drill, I guess one of the fire detectors detected something and they are finding which one and why. But good job on the evacuation. They suspect maybe some dust set it off from renovations they are doing (hurray for a new break room where we dont have to practically sit on eachothers laps!). So anyways that added a little bit of interest to the day!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
EXCITING!! That woulda been hilarious. "Did they just announce we're on fire?" Though I have to admit I was hoping code red might mean something even more exciting like, "There's a crazy person headed your way!" or "bomb threat in central processing!" but announcing you're on fire when you're not is kina funny too. Silly announcer - liar liar pants on fire.
Post a Comment