Do you ever find yourself searching for the right words, and anything that comes to mind just seems so lame or inadequate?
For example mother's day or Father's day you want to tell your mom or dad how much they really mean to you assuming its a lot) and you can say a bunch of stuff...but you really dont think the words do your feelings justice?
Or how about a really good friend, you want to tell them how awesome they are....but thats just it...I feel like words such as awesome and amazing and great are over-used words. Even if one of those words really is the best word for what you mean, they are overused and have lost a bit of meaning it seems.
Or for those of you who are married or dating some one...do you find that you can never really say enough to convey how much that person means to you?
Maybe its just me...but I often feel like words are just never enough.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is so true. Boarderline words have lost all meaning. ex- Epic. Everything is epic, when in reality, is not. It kind of bugs me that I have to start creating new words to tell people how cool they are... I've been finding myself going back to 80s slang, or if all else fails use simple, honest, direct words, and when words fail, actions succeed.
oh yeah...epic is definitely an abused word.
Post a Comment