Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dont stop

So I was thinking today....that sometimes we get promptings to do things that seem weird or uncomfortable or something you wouldnt normally do.


Then I was thinking about how sometimes we act on them anyways....and sometimes it may seem like it wasnt important or didnt have the desired affect or whatever, which may make you think it was silly or dumb to do said thing.


Then I was thinking that a lot of the time the people who really need something may be really struggling, so when you do something for them that they have been needing, they may not seem that appreciative simply because of whatever they are going through is weighing them down. So I guess my point is...keep doing what you are prompted to do, and dont loose steam just because they didnt jump for joy when you do something for them. You might not know just how much you helped some one. All you can do is act on promptings and trust that God knows what hes talking about.


I guess I thought of this becauase and old friend of mine today at church said he felt like I needed a hug, and asked if I would let him give me a hug. As weird as it was (and actually it wasnt really wierd....just unexpected), it was really nice of him, and I really appreciated it. I hope my unenthusiastic reaction doesnt deter him from doing stuff like that for me or anyone again. I mean I said 'ok, yeah!' And smiled and said thanks....its not like I acted super weird about it. But I know at least for me, when some one doesnt act super grateful, I loose a bit of steem and wonder why I did what I did. So I realized today through my own experience that little things do matter and even if they dont seem to...maybe they really do make a difference, you just never know. And you really cant go wrong by acting on a prompting!


Sorry for a lot of 'then I was thinking's...

No comments: