So I saw a comment made on facebook today about growing pains. Some one said that life was much better 3 years ago, and they want a time machine. Then some one commented "not so good now, or just growing pains?"
That has got me thinking. The past few years have been really hard. The past few months especially. But maybe thats just because I can remember them most clearly, I dont know. Anyways sometimes I struggle keeping a positive outlook on life when things are really gruelling. But this comment about growing pains got me thinking. Though the past few years of my life have been the most trying, they are/will be possibly some of the most rewarding. For though things are hard now, I'm learning and growing and becoming who I am and who I will be. If I didnt struggle, I wouldnt learn and grow and progress. So I am glad to be where I am. Am I going a little crazy? Yes. But with this new thought in my mind, maybe I will be able to grin and bare it a little easier.
I've also realized that life is always hard...so I might as well decide to enjoy here and now, because later in life I might be wishing to be back to this time. I often find myself suffering from the 'grass is always greener on the other side' mentality. There will always be struggles, so enjoy the ride. That being said...the 'growing pains' are still there.
PS Sometimes It seems I just need a total breakdown to get back up....hurray for tomorrow being a new day!
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You really think the past three months have been worse than being in the hospital unable to eat anything? Or worse than being away from home and being SO ILL and there being nothing either of us could do about it and having to drop out of school and move home and go to the hospital? I woulda ranked those periods worse in my books. But here's my favourite quote, "There's no task in life so bad that complaining about it won't make it worse." Words of a Prophet baby. It's really helped me stop complaining and start making the most of it. If you focus on the bad, bad is what you'll see, If you focus on the good... you see? Love!
Yeah you're right, those wer bad...anyways point is last three years-not fun!
Good quote, thanks!
Post a Comment