Saturday, August 27, 2011

Relief society Retreat

This weekend was my ward's RS retreat. It was short and sweet, but such a good time! I'm often hesitant to go on stuff like this mostly just because of the fact that I have to eat differently than everyone else and bring my own food. I also never feel like I really have any friends in the ward, but I felt like I fit in just fine. But ya I hate sitting at a table all together and having everyone questioning what I'm eating and why I am eating different things than them. But this weekend was not bad at all for that...I did have a couple questions about why I had my own food, but for the most part people just left me alone like I was eating just like every one else, and I was very glad for that. Its not that I mind a question here or there but it just doesn't usually work out that way....usually its everyone asking in turn when they notice, and it just gets really old and I don't like that attention. Anyways enough of that, it was nice.


So we went out to badger valley at 5 yesterday and visited a bit and then we h ad hot dogs and chips and such, then we just hung around some more, talking playing games, etc while we waited for our bishop to arrive. Then we had a little fireside...our RS president talked about testimony and how to strengthen yours and such...then we had a testimony meeting (this was all sitting around a lantern in the fire pit because of the fire ban, that they put on just in time for the retreat-sad day). The testimony meeting was awesome though. I have always loved young women camp firesides and RS retreat firesides/testimony meetings. They are just so awesome and its nice to have a nice smaller cozy atmosphere than in church. It was great. Then we talked some more and went to bed at about 1-1:30. Which was too late for me waking up at 8 for breakfast the next morning (and after having a late night the night before too)....but it was great.

Then this morning like I said we woke up had pancakes, played some games, then we had 2 little mini workshop/lesson type things. One was on self esteem, and the other on time management/priorities. They were both super good. Then we played some more games or just hung around, then had hogies for lunch and came home.

I loved it, it was the perfect length, and I loved the spiritual stuff, and I loved getting to know people a little better. It was just great haha.

No comments: