Thursdays are my new favourite day of the week. Actually Sundays may win... then Thursdays... then Mondays.
I served my first day at LDS family services today! I loved it. The people are nice and it felt great to be serving others.
I will be serving at LDS family services on Mondays and Thursdays for 12 months (I can extend if I want). Except I couldn't get the next two Thursdays traded at work, but from April on I will be guaranteed those two days at fam services. I'm excited. Today went well...I jumped right in and answered the phone without hardly any instruction, it just started ringing lots so I grabbed it and answered the way Judy (the full time admin assistant) did, but put my name where she said hers haha. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't have the slightest of how to respond after that, but most of the time I did just fine on my own and was able to help them with what they needed! I guess they thought I was doing great because after lunch Judy and one of the therapists decided to go shopping for artwork for the building (its a new building). They said "do you think you can handle things for a couple hours while we go look for some artwork? I think you will do just fine!" I was like oh yeah I got this! Thinking uh really you're leaving me on my own after only 4-5ish hours?? Ok! Haha I was a little nervous but again things were fine. Then I also covered while they all had a staff meeting! Go me!
This evening I went to do baptisms at the temple. That was wonderful too. I was one of the last ones to go which was really nice, I liked being able to just be there and enjoy it...a lot of the time I end up being one of the first ones through and it goes really fast, so it was nice to be later for a change. I also got to ride with a good friend who was in need of some support and a shoulder to lean on so that was nice too. We rode alone so we could just talk.
Usually on thursdays I have mission prep and then institute choir, but I missed those to go to the temple...which I was sad to miss them but the temple was definitely worth it.
I love thursdays!
I forgot to take my camera with me today...I wanted to take a picture of me being all sister missionary-like, but I forgot so this will have to do for now (sorry my camera isn't so good):
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment