So yesterday evening a former employee in my department at work came in to visit. She was there before I started working there. One of my co-workers saw her upstairs when they were on their supper break and they said she was probably going to come down and say hi. Another one of my co-workers (Leslie) didn't work with her either, but had heard a lot about her, and when she came down to say hi, Leslie said she knew it was her because she was described as gorgeous and really nice, so she knew right off the bat it was her by her description. Anyway...after she left Leslie said "Wow. I'm so glad I finally met her, she IS really nice. And Gorgeous still! I'm really glad I met her!"
For some reason that struck me. I want to be the kind of person that people are glad they met. I dont mean in the popular sort of way, but in the enjoyable to be around, leave a postitive feeling-type of person.
It also kind of reminds me of the quote "Leave people better than you found them".
I think I've got a long way to go, and my major introverted personality doesn't help, but that's one of my new goals. Be the kind of person that people can say they are glad they met/know.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html
Being an introvert is fine, too! :) You have powerful ability for introspection that is rare to find!
http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html
Being an introvert is fine, too! :) You have powerful ability for introspection that is rare to find!
Post a Comment