Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween fun

I love halloween. This year was particularly awesome!

It started off with a double date a couple weeks ago. It was simple but I loved it. Sometimes simple things are some of the best things. Me and Scott, and Janae and Ian carved pumpkins together. Then we played my two favourite card games and had snacks. My two favourite card games being dutch blitz and Rook. They never get old to me.














Then My ward had a halloween party for FHE the monday before halloween. It was a good time, and I'm glad I went...I wasnt going to. We were told to come in a costume. So since this years wasnt ready yet, I pulled out what I was last year- elastigirl from the incredibles. I threw it on and drew the black eye mask dealio on my face and was ready to go in approximately 10 minutes. I get there...and everyone is standing in the hall as usual...no one likes to go into the room until we are hearded in like cows. Anyways, there was approximately 3 other people dressed up that I could see when I got there. Sweet. I love sticking out like a sore thumb. But I tried to act like it didnt bug me and like 'yeah thats right I dressed up and you are all extremely lame', gave andrea Scout a high five who was one of the few dressed up. Some more people showed up late who dressed up, and it ended up that the majority of people were dressed up, so it got more comfortable. I got tons of compliments on my costume...go me! So after the lesson they set up tables and put a couple pumpkins at each and divided us up by birthdays (people with birthdays in january and february here, march and april here, and so on) and there was about 3 people give or take to one pumpkin. Me and my group decided to carve a vampire in ours. It turned out pretty great if I do say so myself. We even went and found toothpicks to put pointy ears on, and red food colouring to put blood dripping from the teeth. It was great. They had prizes for best, and best carved, and silliest, and maybe one other category, I forget. My group's pumpkin won for best pumpkin! We even got a little dollar store medal that said winner on it. I didnt get a picture, but it was pretty awesome.

And to end off my halloween fun I went to the halloween dance. Before the dance I went over to Janae's house and Ian and a couple others came too, and we played classic games like apples to apples. It was a good time.

Me and Scott went to the dance as a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich. It was pretty awesome. I love us. His shirt was brown and said 'I'm peanut butter have you seen my Jelly?' and mine was purple and said 'I'm Jelly have you seen my peanut butter?'. Then we made giant pieces of bread out of foam and strapped them to our backs. It turned out awesome, It was a lot of fun!! I cant take credit for the idea though, it was all Scott's brilliant idea. Here's some pictures of the process of making, and the finished costume(s).



My shirt...which took me a few hours! I cut out each letter and then ironed on each letter one at a time. I could have tried to iron them all on at once, but I didnt want them to shift. Worth it though!







Me and Scott making our bread...well Scott is, mine was done by this point. I helped with his a bit though. I also Managed to get hot glue on my finger which ripped the skin off under it. Woops.




Finished! (without our shirts)











Pictures form the dance, with the finished products!









I had a blast at the dance! Me and Scott have been going to ballroom dance classes taught by a guy in
YSA, Brian Walkey. So we used our sweet new waltz
and jive moves we have been learning.
I love dancing! Sh...its a secret though! When Scott first told me about the ballroom dance classes and asked me if I would go I reluctantly agreed, and was so worried that I was going to suck...but I think I am doing ok. Definitely not amazing by any means, but I'm getting the hang of it! And loving it!Anyways yeah it was a blast....and we got tons of compliments, and pointing from afar and pictures taken with randoms (and friends). Gooood times!

No comments: