Sunday, November 28, 2010

Preference

So I would say preference was a success!


I couldn't decide at first wether I wanted to wear my grad dress or something else. It would be fun to get to wear my grad dress again...because how many times am I really going to get to wear it? So far twice. But I also didnt know how fancy most people would go, and I didnt want to be way more dressed up than most. The deciding factor though, was that I wanted to be able to dance easily, and grad dresses dont allow you to do that as much. I wanted to be able to waltze and jive with scott. So I found some material in my moms sewing stuff...it was actually a really long skirt, and I was like hey mom can I make this into a dress? And she said sure....so I did. It is a shinny silvery-grey colour. So for the few days before preference I worked on that. My mom helped me though. I had to put the sleeves on friday and hem the skirt, but I was feeling like garbage so my mom pretty much did that for me.


Scott had to work until 9, so I wasnt able to make a whole date of it, but I got all purdy looking (or tried at least...haha) and he picked me up and we went to the dance.


The theme was 'once upon a time'...and they had us walk in through an entrance that had dragons and a smoke machine. Cool idea....but I think they went a little overboard with the smoke. If you had bad asthma, you wouldn't have been able to stay. There weren't a ton of people there when we first got there, so we wandered a bit stopping and saying hi to people we knew. But eventually more people showed up, and I had a great time.


Me and Scott have been going to ballroom dance classes every saturday taught by a guy in YSA, and I love dancing with Scott. Hes a great dancer! We have been learning waltze and jive, so it was fun to use our mad dancing skills at the dance haha.



Here's a picture of us before the dance (not the best picture of me, but I'm mostly just posting it so you can see how my dress turned out):

I got a lot of compliments on my dress, so I guess it turned out great! It was fun to make, and I'm glad it turned out well!

I've actually never been to preference, this was my first time. My first year of YSA I lived in Edmonton, and I came home to Lethbridge for that weekend. And last year I was back in Lethbridge, and I think I actually went to Edmonton for that weekend. That one might have been on purpose to avoid going to preference though...I didn't really want to go. But anyways I had a great time on friday!

No comments: