Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Makin' things happen

I am going to graduate in less than a month. I really am! Sometimes it felt/feels like that day will never come-but it is coming, and I'm so excited! I know its just a 1 year program (supposed to be anyways) and maybe its not all that impressive....but for what I've gone through to get here, its a big deal for me. I will have a profession in 2 and a half weeks! Here's to hoping I can get a job though...being the last one done this year I get last pickins if any pickins. But I'm sure it will work out, it always does.


On a somewhat related note...Recently I've really been thinking about doing what I'm here to do. I'm not really sure how to get the thoughts out of my head onto here but maybe this will help:


I heard this song on the radio the other day at work (practicum), and some of the words have kinda stuck with me.




"No more wishin my life away

these are those days this is my life

The time is now to get things right

I wont look ahead I wont look back

I'm gonna live I'm gonna laugh

I wont let another second waste

These are those days."



The only part I dont fully agree with is the "I wont look ahead" part. Its important to keep the big picture in mind, and keep focused on where you want to be and have goals. But I agree that it is also important to not live in the future and always thinking and wishing about tomorrow. Lately I've been trying to keep the question in my mind 'what can I do now to get where I want to be?'



I've kinda been dragging my feet for a while, and now I am putting an end to that. I am going to work hard at what I know I need to do, to get where I want to be. I'm trying not to look back, though its not easy, and figure out where to go from here and what I need to learn. Here goes!

No comments: