I am thankful for all the people who have given me a simple smile.
I am thankful for all the people who have said hello to me, asked me my name, and especially those who remembered it.
I am thankful for people who ask me how I am, and when I say good, they say are you really? And don't give up until they can tell I have given an honest answer, for the people who really care to know how I am doing.
I am thankful for people who bare their testimonies in church.
I am thankful for people who go out of their way to hold a door open for me.
I am thankful for people who give me compliments.
I am thankful for all the people who visited me in the hospital both times the past two years...for the people who didn't really know me, for the people who wanted to know me more, for friends, and for those who are close to me.
I am thankful for random little notes or messages from people.
I am thankful for my bishop and his councilors who always make me feel welcome at church and church activities even just with a simple greeting.
I'm thankful for my home teachers making the effort to see me every month.
I am thankful for people who come and sit with me when they notice I am sitting alone at church.
There have been so many times when all these things and more have come to me just when I need them most, when I'm feeling down, going through something hard, or feeling lonely. I am so thankful for people who act on promptings. I don't believe in coincidence. I was thinking about how many times one of these little things have been just what I needed, and how Heavenly Father is watching out for me and you. When you have a prompting to do something, even if its something you wouldn't normally do or feel comfortable with-do it. You likely have no idea how big of an impact it can have on someone's life. It is better to feel a little silly for a minute, than to miss out on lifting some one who needs it. I want to do better at this, and I hope whoever reads this will too. We can be God's hands here on earth.

3 comments:
PS...my blogger keeps doing weird things. First it took all the paragraph spacing out, now it has big spaces. whatever.
you're pretty.
hahaha thanks! :)
Post a Comment