"Success is determined by how you handle setbacks"
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Away
Is it possible to get away from yourself? If it is, please enlighten me..because I feel like thats what I need. I wish I could step away from myself and see me, in a different way.
Yes! and then again no. But I know the feeling. I find I do two different things when I feel the need to step back from myself.
The first is I will just sit outside with no music no distractions and just feel. Sense everything, the way the wind brushes against my skin, the way it blows my hair, the way the warm sun warms my body, how the trees cast shadows against my skin, ect... (I know I kinda sound like a loony)
Or I get out. I go and do things I wouldn't normally do, I meet new people and I act a little crazy. I will sometimes make some sort of silly goal for the week like say everything that comes to mind, or meet as many new people as possible. By the end it is alway an experience, and I'm able to view myself a little differently.
Just my thoughts on the matter, feel free to give them a try, they are both always enjoyable, I promise.
"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day." -Elder Richard G. Scott
Blog Archive
"Whether you think you can or you think you cant-you're right."
Visitors
"Even if you're on the right track, you have to keep running or you'll get hit by the train."
"Watch your thoughts for they become your words; watch your words for they become your actions; watch your actions for they become your habits; watch your habits for they become your character; watch your character for it becomes your destiny."
Leave people better than you found them.
Shadow proves the sunshine
"Live life for something that will outlast it."
"The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but in how we behave when we dont know what to do." -Jon Holt
"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely." -President Uchtdorf
"Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones" -Phillips Brooks
2 comments:
Yes! and then again no. But I know the feeling. I find I do two different things when I feel the need to step back from myself.
The first is I will just sit outside with no music no distractions and just feel. Sense everything, the way the wind brushes against my skin, the way it blows my hair, the way the warm sun warms my body, how the trees cast shadows against my skin, ect... (I know I kinda sound like a loony)
Or I get out. I go and do things I wouldn't normally do, I meet new people and I act a little crazy. I will sometimes make some sort of silly goal for the week like say everything that comes to mind, or meet as many new people as possible. By the end it is alway an experience, and I'm able to view myself a little differently.
Just my thoughts on the matter, feel free to give them a try, they are both always enjoyable, I promise.
I'm loving the first suggestion! I really want to go to waterton by myself for the day! Maybe I will do that tomorrow!
Post a Comment