Sunday, July 24, 2011

First paycheck!

Ok so not technically a first paycheck...because its direct deposit...but I got my first payment from the hospital!! What a great feeling after 2 years of not being able to work. Beautiful. It would be an even greater feeling if I wasn't in debt...but its a good feeling of its own kind to be able to start paying off debt.

To celebrate we were going to have one of my favourite meals ever...which we were supposed to have to celebrate my grad from the college, but that didnt happen...so nows its going to be celebrating my first paycheck. We were going to have it yesterday, but it takes 3 or more hours to make, and my mom didnt get home from going to the temple until just after 6....so we are going to make it monday instead. So last night My sister Brenda, and her husband Dustin had us over for tinfoil dinners. They made themselves a pretty sweet firepit and so we made the dinners then sat around the fire. And I'll admit I had some smores. Woops. They were the best smores I've ever had though I think. Their fire pit is insanely hot so it took like 2 minutes to make a smore, which didnt help me not eat them. Because they were so delicious and so quick to make. So good that I wish I took pictures to show you. Anyways we had a good time just visiting around the fire and eating of course.

And I'm way excited for supper tomorrow. We are having Paprika chicken, or also called hungarian chicken. I cant even explain how good it is. Maybe I will take pictures and have a whole post just for this delicious meal. So paprika chicken in our family is of course the chicken seasoned a certain way and then these really fat cakey noodle things...they are hungarian noodles...flour (gluten free for me of course) egg and water pretty much. I dont know, I'm not doing a good job of showing how delicious this meal really is. I will take pictures, and maybe post the recipe if you're lucky (and if its not a family secret...I dont think my mom has any of those though, we'll see). SO GOOD though. I'm so excited for it. We dont have it very often because it takes so long to make. But its definitely worth it in my opinion...so we mostly have it for special ocasions like birthdays and grads and stuff like that.

Anyways...woohoo for having a job and making money!!

No comments: