I am about to reveal to you the secret of delicious nectarines...and peaches and pears and plums. Now I didnt think that this was really a secret... maybe some of you know the trick. But the other day I overheard some one at my Relief society activity saying how shes been disapointed that the peaches arent good yet in stores, they have been hard the past few times. And I was thinking to myself- I dont think I have ever found peaches ready from the store to eat!
Now I dont know, maybe peaches really arent at their prime yet (havent tried them this year)....but I just had one of the most delicious nectarines ever, and it had started out hard from the store. For those of you in Lethbridge, the nectarines at Costco have been delicious for me so far, by the way.
So. Here's the secret to good fruit (any kind that needs to be ripe to be good) ready?
You buy said fruit, and then you put them in paper bags and fold the top over to close it off, and after a couple days give or take depending on the fruit...voila! Delicious ripe fruit! Make sure you check them along the way though, so you dont miss the perfect ripeness. And sometimes its a good idea to keep rotating the fruit in the bag so that they ripen evenly....sometimes we find at my house that if you leave the same side down, or to the side of the bag, it will mold...i guess because less air is getting there.
One other thing...they have to be paper bags, not plastic....keeping fruit in plastic bags tends to make them go soft and mushy or moldy and just not good.
So there you go, if you didnt know 'the secret' you do now and can enjoy more deliciousness!
Friday, July 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment