So yesterday I showed up for work, and I am still doing orientation, so I am supposed to be with another employee to teach me. Pretty much having a little mini practicum all over again, except now I'm being paid.
Well yesterday I go and look at the schedule to see who I'm with, and he wasn't there, I guess he called in sick. So I go to my area and I'm like great, the one area I remember the least, and only had one day at, as opposed to a week like all the other areas in my practicum, and I'm all alone. I didnt really know where to begin so I just picked something up that was sitting on my table, and grabbed a binder that has info and pick lists for stuff and found it, and started putting the tray together. I didnt really want to ask someone where to begin, that would probably make me seem like a moron. I think my unsure-ness must have showed a little because one of my co-workers came over and asked me if I was all alone. And she had nothing to do in her area so she was just hanging around me, giving me pointers. Which usually that would bug the heck out of me, but I was glad for it as I was having trouble getting my mind back to that area after a couple months away and only having one shift there in the first place. So I kinda just had the 'fake it til you make it' mindset, and I think it turned out fine. I guess I'll find out on my next shift if I messed anything up too terribly haha. But no I think I managed to figure everything out. But man I had a little moment when I first walked to my area where I was like crap I dont even know where to begin...
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment