So today at work...I tried to pick up a box off the floor that was too heavy for me. Like I maybe budged it a millimeter. So since I realized that wasn't happening, I tried to push it a bit with my foot. Also not happening.
I didnt feel anything immediately, but a little bit after that, I was walking and all the sudden my lower back suddenly hurt and the leg I was trying to step on at that moment kinda gave out a little bit....it didnt really give out or buckle...it was moreso me backing off the step I was taking because that was when the pain in my back intensified. But then I cautiously kept walking. I was on my way to the break room for break. After that...I couldnt bend over without a lot of pain to pick anything else up, which was the majority of what I had to do all day. Loading carts for surgeries. So needless to say the rest of the day was painful and awkward and not too fun. I had to maneuver in what I imagine were pretty awkward looking ways to continue working. But I made it. So I dont know if it was really lifting that box that did it, or pushing it with my foot, or the combination of all the heavy lifting I was doing...because there wasnt a specific moment when I was doing any of those things that I felt anything go wrong (other than when I was walking).
I didnt report it or tell anyone...when you hurt yourself on the job you are supposed to report it and fill out a bunch of stuff...I guess I was trying to be tough....or just really hoped it wasnt a big deal. But its not getting any better, in fact its getting worse. I am really hoping its nothing serious or lasting and that a trip to my lovely chiropractor tomorrow morning will fix me up. But I am in a lot of pain right now...and if the chiropractor cant help, I will have to report it. For one thing I wont be able to work if it is more than something a chiropractor can fix. Its actually terrifying me. I know what impact a severely injured back can have on someones life. I've watched my dad deal with it my whole life. So yeah I'm really scared that something really bad has happened. Please please please no.
I may not sleep much tonight. It hurts to be alive right now.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment