Anyways we started out exhausted from life, so the first couple days were spent solely relaxing. My mom packed all day thursday and then all through the night as well, she didn't sleep. That wasn't the plan but she had to help Cathy sew her bridesmaid dress for her sister in law's wedding...and she was going to do that sooner but was sick. So then when she hoped to be packing she was finishing the dress...hence staying up all night packing. Me and my dad both only got 2 hours a sleep so we weren't far ahead of her. I had a late shift and then packed my stuff, and my dad was in calgary fixing some one's vehicle until midnight. So we were all pretty dead the next day. Surprisingly though my mom didn't even sleep at all friday, she stayed up all day and then we went to bed really early that night.
So we got to waterton and to crandell campground to try and get a spot...I'll save you the boring details...we had to take a number and almost didn't get a spot, but we finally did and it was a really sucky one, but we switched the next day when more people checked out and got a better one!
So the first weekend was mostly spent relaxing, which has become a big part of what our holidays are now that we're all getting old. We used to be more hardcore and always on the go hiking or biking or exploring. But now we are ok with a lot of relaxing with a little of all that stuff. Probably mostly because of my health....and my parents are getting old and cant do as much too. But I am getting healthier. I'm determined to be able to do more than crandell lake hike again someday soon!
Anyways Cathy and Trent came out Sunday evening in time for a late supper and then we just hung around the campsite. They stayed overnight and we had a big breakfast which was pretty much lunchtime by the time we finished. Then we went down into town and played/hung around emerald bay. We took our two kayaks and a dinghy and played around in them. Emerald bay is our favourite spot to kayak and hang out. Then we got ice cream at the big scoop and went back to camp and made supper and hung around some more, and then me and my parents headed home and Cathy and Trent stayed for one more night, we left the bus there so we wouldn't have to drive it back and forth between the weekends. I would have just stayed in waterton while my mom and dad went back for the two days she had to work, but my mom offered to Cathy and Trent that they could have some alone time there after being apart for 2 months...so I went home and worked too. Which is good I suppose, I really need the money....but I really didn't want to!
So we worked tuesday and wednesday...I worked 1-9 on wednesday, and my mom was supposed to have everything ready to go back asap after I got home and grabbed some stuff....but I'm pretty sure she didn't start getting ready to go until like 5 minutes before I got home...so we didn't leave until about 10:30-11ish. But that's ok...off we were with Rylee, my brother's daughter with us for part two of camping.
It was Me, My parents, and Rylee for Thursday and friday, then friday evening Brenda and Dustin joined us for the rest of the weekend.
Our weekend consisted of lots of "walks in the forest" as Rylee would say,
Reading stories ( I read her three while my mom braided her hair to keep her still-ish),
(that last one was Rylee getting her bum wet after discovering she could make bum marks on the big rocks...she spent a good 5 minutes running back and forth doing that)
They were glorious weekends, and I really did not want to come back to reality. The more kms I drove home the more reality piled on. And my neighbourhood stunk when I got home. I want to go back! Waterton was just what I needed though. Its amazing what getting away from work, technology and whatever other distractions can do for you. I felt so relaxed and happy the past little while, and its stuck with me so far. I hope I am recharged for a while and ready to get moving again. I am still tired all the time but I feel different after being away in my favourite place for a while. You may think I wouldnt need a holiday that bad seeing as I was out of school and doing nothing for a couple months, and haven't been working that long...but relaxing at home comes no where near as great as it is in waterton. Theres still distractions and stresses. Anyways...love waterton.
PS Sorry pretty much all the pictures are of my neice. Since I'm the only camera happy one left and my parents aren't that interesting and brenda and dustin dont like pictures- that leaves Rylee. She could be pretty entertaining though.
Oh waterton how I love thee. I wish I could live in waterton. If they allowed it I would be a trailor person and live in the campground. But alas two weeks is the max. Well you can just leave the park and go right back-but that would get pretty old packing up camp every two weeks for life.
The sad thing is the Frache side of my family owned a cabin and could have resigned the lease for a steal of a deal before I was born, but my dad couldnt convince the rest of his family to share the cost, and my parents defintiely couldnt afford it on their own. Every time we drive past it we talk about how it used to be ours and still could be if his family weren't party poopers.
Anywho, thats about enough ramblings from me I suspect! Gooooodnight.

No comments:
Post a Comment