I wish I had taken a before picture of my living room. But yesterday afternoon I rearranged my living room. Most of you probably don't know what it used to look like so the after picture I will post probably wont be all that impressive because we still have mismatched furniture and such, but it looks a lot nicer than it did before. I apologize for the potentially boring post, but I am loving the new set up.
Before yesterday we had one couch and one arm chair, a piano, a huge spool (like it looks like a spool of thread except exponentially bigger, that we put our Christmas tree on every year, and used to store in our basement but for several years now it has just stayed in our living room as a "table" when Christmas is over). And then we had a random desk in on of the corners that just gathered junk and looked super out of place.
So I had my dad and brother-in-law bring up a couch that we had in our TV area downstairs to add more sitting space because when we have my married siblings home there was really no where comfortable for us to all visit. And I somehow managed to get the massive spool down a set of stairs...I would have attempted the second set of stairs to get it to our basement except there was stuff in the way. I also moved the desk that was in our living room downstairs and put a book case in its place which I think is much more suiting and looks a lot better! So anyways I am excited about it....and hopefully my parents like it. They haven't really said much. Well my mom likes it, I don't know about my dad. We talked about doing it for a couple months now and so I decided to do it pretty much myself other than the couch. So I don't know what my dad thinks but oh well.
Here's some after pictures:
| What you see from the front entry. Much better than the "end table" (covered box)...the flower arrangement used to be in the corner diagonal from there, hardly visible. |
| Whole living room shot. |
| corner where the random desk used to be....book shelf is much better! |
| other corner, the "end table" is now there, much better for now. |
| favourite half of the room. |
It was tiring work moving all that stuff on my own....the desk the book shelf, all the books that are on the book shelf, putting the couch into place that we brought up from downstairs, moving the arm chair.....you get the idea. It was a lot more work than it may seem. Anyways I'm excited about it, thanks for reading if you stuck with me this long haha.
Edit: Cathy had a before Pic that she emailed me, here it is:

3 comments:
Oh I love it I love it I love it. I feel like, judging from this pic, the loveseat needs to move slightly to the right so that left corner isn't so crowded. But I love it!
OH MY GOODNESS! It looks AMAZING!!! You did SUCH a good job!
thanks! Its my happy place now.
Post a Comment