Ok I am still so upset that I got the flu shot. When I was getting a required vaccine for my mission, the lady said I might as well get the flu shot because they will just give it to me in the MTC if I havent had it. So that made sense to me and I was like well in that case I guess why not just get it over with. But I wish I didnt!! For one thing I've heard that getting more than one vaccine at once can make them both less effective (though I've also read that the flu shot isnt even effective in the first place, there has actually been articles from the medical world even that say it actually makes you more likely to get the flu). But anyways....if I didnt go to the MTC during flu season, which its likely I wont, and its possible I wont even be called on a mission, it was completly not necessary. I've never gotten a flu shot before, and I never get sick! I have crohn's sure, and am sick with that....but I rarely get a cold/flu. ERRR. Sorry to rant....but vaccines are so dangerous, doctors and media tell us they arent, but the proof is in the pudding! I hope you watched the last video I posted, and here's another one on just the flu shot. I am so upset that I got it, I already knew that it was harmful, but I just was thinking I had to get it if I wanted to go on a mission. Anyways, inform yourself before you get a flu shot. And if you really still agree with getting it, apparently you can at least ask for it without thimerasol in it, which is a preservative with mercury in it (which I wish I knew a few weeks ago before I got mine!!). I dont mean to offend anyone that does agree with vaccination. And I'm not saying all vaccinations are a bad thing. I agree vaccinations were great to wipe out mass killing disease like polio or diptheria or whatever. I'm just saying sometimes the "cost" doesnt outweigh the "benefits" for me. I would rather not get the flu shot, flu is preventable through taking care of yourself, than get autism or paralyzed or severely brain damaged and never be the same again or other severe reactions, than to get a non life threatening flu (and yes im aware some flus can be life threatening). All I'm trying to do is help people be aware that there ARE/CAN BE severe consequences to vaccines....some people have NO CLUE that those things are even possible, they just hear from their doctors or media that they are completly safe and so they believe it. I for one would like to know whats possible before getting a vaccine. Of course sometimes the benefits outweigh the cost-good go for it. But sometimes they MIGHT not. Personal choice. Ok rant over. Actually One more thing...just because you dont have a severe reaction right away doesnt mean there arent negative long term effects. ok done now. Know both/all sides, and make your own decision.
Now I will proceed to have a dance party in my room to try and cheer myself up!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay sorry, have to do this - with the internet and widespread information these days, you can read things in favor or against anything you look up. Though there's plenty of scary stuff posted about vaccines - what are the odds? What are the stats? Rare stories now become stand-out stories because they spread like wildfire, but it doesn't mean your risk is any higher than it's ever been. For you, with possible auto-immune issues, vaccines may not be super, but there are billions of healthy people that benefit. So speaking of find pros or cons to anything - Here's a good pro argument...
Getting infected by influenza itself increases both the risk of death (up to 1 in 10,000) and increases the risk of developing Guillain-Barré syndrome to a much higher level than the highest level of suspected vaccine involvement (approx. 10 times higher by recent estimates).
We can have a dance party this weekend and put this all behind us haha.
Thanks for the insight! I think it really does come down to everyone finding their own pros and cons and making their own decision. I was kind of upset with what courtney said too, and I hope she doesnt hate me now. I would hope no one would jump on either side with just one peice of science/evidence/opinion/whatever. Thats just dumb. But for the record I have seen numerous videos and articles with anecdotal albeit, proof that vaccines may not always be all the they are cracked up to be. Just curious if you even watched any of eiter video, or if you just saw what they were about and are against it so you didnt watch it. One of the videos wasnt even totally against vaccines, they talked about how they could be safer, and how they could be gone about differently, and how many vaccines are even fully tested to see if they are safe. And they can make vaccines without the more harmful preservatives, but they dont so that can mass produce them easier. The videos were definitely not pro vaccine, but they werent like DONT GET VACCINATED, they were more about learning the risks and the best ways of getting them and whatever. Anyways Everyone just forget I said anything and go on how you want!
Post a Comment