Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween shenanigans!

So I ordered my costume online! It may have been a tad expensive, but it was definitely worth it. Great value. Though I ended up making my own shorts to go with it because the ones that came with it were super short... but I knew that when I bought it. It may have been a bit annoying to wear, but again totally worth it, and since I'm not the craziest dancer it was fine!

So Friday night was the YSA Halloween dance, but I worked until 9:15 that night. Well I asked if I could skip my last break so I could leave 20 minutes early. I ditched out at 5 to 9 and put on the clothing part of my costume and straightened my hair (because it was in a pony and I had to wear a hair net all day) and then I had half my make up done but heard my coworkers coming and so I ran for it so I wouldn't have to explain, and I finished putting my make up on in my truck in the church parking lot, and then attached the rest of my costume outside my truck, in the devil wind. It was interesting, and I had to get a little untangled when I got inside, but I wanted to have it on before I went in. So when I walking into the dance, a bunch of people that were around the entrance were like "Oh my gosh!" and "that's so cool!" "Pinocchio!!". I was way excited about my costume, but it went over even better than I thought it would! I got SO many comments and compliments and randoms asking for a picture with me. It was fun! And I won first for best individual costume! There was also prizes for best couple costume, and best group costume. There was a lot of sweet costumes! I was up against Jack Sparrow, an army man, and a clown (I don't know if it was a specific clown character, or just a clown). I think there was one other too, I forget. They were all pretty awesome, and I think the cheering was pretty close, but Jasmine and Katie tipped it over in my favour. They may have had hoarse voices from that. Haha thanks friends! So here are some pictures of the night!
Hat already crooked from the beginning of the dance. Dang friends don't even tell me!

Belle and Japanese lady (some real Japanese guy told her that her costume is what Japanese prostitutes wear...)

Friendlies!

Little Miss Toddler and I


Yup...my hat is on sideways, and no one told me. I went to the bathroom after the dance and I was like wow! Its been like that for a long time. It fell off about half way through the dance and I must have put it on sideways. Its hard to feel with those gloves on my hands I suppose! regardless of my hat issues my costume was a great success though!

Look Ma!I won!

Dance puppet dance!

Halloween Shenanagins Part II:

Saturday night there was a masquerade for YSA age people. Not put on by our church, but pretty much only members were there I'm sure. Steve Scott was the DJ. He was a session director a couple years at EFY. Anyways It was great. My and Jasmine and Janae got all pretty and wore our grad dresses. It was nice to get another use out of them. I forgot how much I loved my dress! Anyways the masquerade was in barnwell at the seniors center.  It was so much fun! The music was really good. I think there was only a couple songs that I wished hadn;t been played! Thats a lot bettwe stat then at lots of YSA dances haha. This is my current favourite song to dance to! Anyways here's some pictures of the night- I didnt take my camera so I dont have any, but I stole a couple off facebook and hopefully will steal a few more when more are posted:
Katie's mask kills me every time.

love oh so attractive dancing pictures!
Halloween shenanigans Part 3: FHE

I got all dressed up in my puppet costume once more and off to FHE I went. I got to hand out candy to a couple of kids wearing my costume before I left. Apparently only 2 more came haha. My parents have a lot of junk left over!

For FHE we were told it was MANDATORY to dress up, but then none of the people even in charge dressed up! Slackers! There was probably 10-15 dressed up, less than half the people. But thats ok, I'm always up for sticking out like a sore thumb. Go big or go home! But no it was fun to wear my costume again! So after the lesson we had the option of playing Warewolf, munchkins (I think?), and/or carving pumpkins....and then of course there was treats. I stuck to playing warewolf. One game lasted for about an hour, maybe just under. Kind of rediculous, but it was really fun- I wasnt getting bored. I was cupid... And I started finding the warewolves though and eventually got killed off. Dang Mitch. I told them it was him, but they didnt believe me and then he killed me a couple rounds later. I think he didnt kill me right after I nominated him to try and make it less obvious. Anyways good times. I left after that game but apparently a game of around the world ping pong broke out, so I wish I stayed! I love around the world (even though I'm usually pretty brutal at it). But that's ok- it probably would have been pretty difficult in my costume!

Brenda and Dustin also came over tonight and we hung out and they passed out candy and whatnot, and then when I got back from FHE we watched hocus pocus!! Classic! I watch it every year and it never gets old. Long live traditions!

Halloween=success!



No comments: