Sunday, November 27, 2011

Preference

I thought maybe I would keep with tradition and skip town to go visit Cathy and Trent again Preference weekend. Date dances can be really awkward, and not that much fun. But then I heard the theme and I was like man that's actually a sweet theme, that could be so fun!! But there was really no one I wanted to go with. I've been to preference once- Last year, when I was dating Scott. My first year I lived in Edmonton and I came home to Lethbridge for the weekend to avoid preference, and then I was living in Lethbridge and went to visit Cathy in Edmonton, again pretty much on purpose to avoid preference. Woops- I'll be out of town! So that was originally my plan for this year, but I just love me a good theme and dressing up so I eventually found a date and went! I went through about 4 boys I thought about asking before one worked out. I planned on joining a group date with Jas and Janae and a couple others, so I was going to ask Jasmine's date's best friend, but he got asked right before I was going to ask him ( I was at a RS activity and people were asking who asked who and a girl said she asked him-dang it!), so then I was going to ask one of Janae's date's room mates...but then Jas said he wont be in town. I thought about asking Eric Torrie, I heard he was whining about not being asked haha, and I thought he would be a fun date, but then it was proving difficult to figure out how to ask him with him living in Grassy lake and never coming into Lethbridge. So while I was thinking on that (plus one other guy Jasmine suggested) Janae suggested I ask Andrew Hall. And I was like I would be really surprised if he hasn't been asked yet (this was one week before preference). And she said well I talked to him tonight at the service project and he said he wasn't going with anyone. So I was indeed surprised, but I decided to ask him. It was between him and a guy that's new to town that Jas suggested, hes friends with Jas' date and she said it would make his day. But I decided to ask Andrew because I know him (kind of) and he likes to dance and has gone to ballroom dance classes...so I took the opportunity to take some one that would actually dance because those are kind of rare.

So I went and bought a massive amount of buttons, put each letter of my name on the back of buttons, with the number of the order they went in on the front, and my phone number on one and mixed them all in a jar with a note that said:
"Button, Button, who's got the button?
It looks like the answer is you!
I'm asking you to preference with me,
Now what are you going to do?
Look through the jar to find my name
Then let me know if you're game!"

He called a few days later and said he would love to go to preference with me. He said he was going to answer in a cool way but was running out of time so he figured he would let me know.
 
So before the dance we made pizza (me being all cool with my gluten and dairy-less ingredients- I felt really cool...) and a dessert and then we went to the 10th ave building and set up our own bowling and did silly bowling. For your turn you would pick a m&m out of the bag and then according to the colour you had to bowl a certain way...for example: granny style, backwards, laying down, wearing oven mitts, sitting on your date's knee, etc. It was fun. Then we went back to Thomsen's and changed and whatnot and headed to the dance.

The dance was really fun! The music was great, and it was nice having a date that liked to dance! And I of course loved dressing up. Partway through the dance Andrew leaned over and said "Are they (meaning Jasmine and Janae) always this crazy?" I laughed and said yup! Then at the end of the dance he said something along the lines of "wow I've never danced that hard/much before!" It was great! He said he had fun so I hope he really did! I did!

After the dance we went back to thomsens and some more couples joined us and we played the animal sign game....where everyone picks an animal sign/action, theres some one in the middle and some one starts it off (the person in the middle closes their eyes to to start)....you do your sign and then some one else's to pass it, and then the person in the middle tries to catch whoever has it before they can send it  to some one else by hitting them with a pillow. Anyways it was great! Preference isn't so bad after all.

Pictures:
back view of my aunts grad dress that she lent me!

Andrew and I

group date

sweaty dance picture

Oh how I love dressing up. Preference=success!

No comments: