I've been worrying and thinking and stressing a lot about what path my life is going to take in the near future. AKA whether or not I will be able to go on a mission and if I'm doing the best I can so that its out of my court. I think I was worrying and stressing so much about it that I was making myself sick. For real. Last week I was reading my scriptures and I felt like I should ask my dad for a blessing. So I read my patriarchal blessing and then I asked my dad to give me a blessing. I wont go into specifics, but it was just what I needed. I still dont really know what path my life will be taking in the near future...full time mission or service mission or who knows-something else...but after I recieved that blessing I felt so peaceful. Not just spiritually or emotionally...but physically too. My symptoms had been a lot worse the days leading up to that one, and after the blessing I was physically at peace. I dont think any of you can really comprehend what I'm talking about, but it was amazing.
I realized from the blessing that I dont need to worry about everything that I have been worrying about. I just need to do what Heavenly Father has asked of me and the rest is in his hands. Duh, right? I dont know why but it finally just clicked. So I looked at what I could be doing better at...and I realized that in my worrying state I hadn't really been studying my scriptures like I should. So I've picked that back up and I'm running with it. Its really amazing the difference it makes in my day.
I've decided to be happy, by doing the things in my life that bring happiness. I think we often quote that happiness is a choice, and say we are going to choose to be happy...I dont know about you but sometimes its easier said than done...but right now I've figured out how to really apply that, and its wonderful.
A few random side notes:
1. 17 days until my appointment with my specialist. the almost (I say almost because in the end its not man but Heavenly Father that decides of course) determining factor of the above topic. Hurray its coming! I'm excited for things to start happening. Or to just know.
2. Janae and Jasmine want to go on a cruise during reading week. They said I should go with them. I kind of want to. They said they can get them really cheap. We'll see what happens...its a fun thought though!
3. If you remember my post about my work potluck, here's a follow up. Leslie, the lady I gave the Book of Mormon to called me over at work the other day and thanked me and said I have a big heart. She said that she read it all (the parts I had highlighted for her), and asked if she could keep it. Thats of course what I intended and I said yes. So that was a happy experience. I dont know how much will come of it but I did what I felt I should do and I will continue to do that.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment