Reading other people's posts about what they accomplished or how the past year went at first made me think wow....my life is boring....I didn't do anything significant. But then as I thought on it I began to realize that though I maybe didn't do anything that would be super exciting to report to anyone, I experienced, accomplished, and grew a lot. I made it through many hard things, I overcame trials, I had many simple yet great times, I tried and tried again, I graduated from my program, I got a job at the hospital, I shared the gospel. I've learned a lot about myself this year. I've stepped out of my comfort zone. I'm no where close to where I pictured myself being this year...or hoped I would be- but I've realized and come to appreciate that I've been and I am where I need to be. I'm experiencing the things I am for a very good reason. I came close to death this year (refer to my post about my trip to Saskatoon if you don't know what I'm talking about) and it made me think that I still have a great purpose or two in this life...I matter and I need to make my life matter. It was quite an eye opener, and I'm glad to be here and still be learning life's lessons, because lets be honest- I've still got a lot to learn.
Here's some favourite moments or significant experiences from this year:
 |
| From sweet hearts dance. Not the best picture of us, but the only one I could find from this year. From fall ball 2010 to the end of March this past year....and everything in between. I cant leave this out. Amazing times were had. Hard times were had. Good memories. |
 |
| My birthday...again not a great picture...but Jasmine loves me so much that even though she was in texas for my birthday- she sent her siblings with flowers and fruit and they sang happy birthday to me! Jas is one awesome friend, and the thomsens have got to be one of my favourite families. I had many other friends and family who also made my birthday so fantastic! |
 |
| Graduation from Central Processing! |
 |
| I persisted and did it! And I cant thank my parents enough as corny as it sounds. They really have gotten me through the past few years of my life especially, I really couldn't have done it without them. |
 |
| waterton in the summer- never a let down |
 |
| more waterton, kayaking! |
 |
| Relief society retreat, so awesome spiritually and so much fun. There was a lot of bonding! |
 |
| Ok this one and the next are a bit odd...and at first thought not a great memory...I don't know if you can tell but my pants are literally falling off of me. Ridiculously loose. Those jeans are usually my tightest jeans. I believe I got down to something like 87 pounds. I was SO sick- But I overcame that one and got back to my norm! |
 |
| September trip to visit Cathy in Saskatoon. It was still so hot at the end of September...we are at a street sale. Good times! |
 |
| Also from the trip to saskatoon. This my friends is on a beach in the middle of the city. How awesome is that!? It was fantastic. |
 |
| Halloween was a blast. I love dressing up, especially when I win first place! |
 |
Masquerade dance in barnwell. Katie's mask gets me every time.
|
Then of course there was this holiday season that I've recently told you about!
Its been a fantastic year full of great times, hard times, and learning. Here's to another! Happy new year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment