Friday, February 3, 2012

ME

Lately I've been taking a lot of me time. Time to relax, rejuventate, regroup, breath, and focus on me and what I need.

Sometimes when I do said things I feel a little selfish and lazy. But you know what? I'm not any good for anyone else if I'm run down and out of sorts. So if you feel this way I highly recommend taking you time, whatever that is for you-do it. Do it often and regularly as much as you can (I mean obviously dont take more time than you have to spare so you are more stressed after the fact). Its not selfish or lazy. Its necessary. Say no to unecessary things if you need to.

My day so far:
  • slept in until 9:30-45ish
  • took supplements I need to take on an empty stomach
  • checked facebook
  • ate quinoa pudding (made like rice pudding....but with quinoa)
  • turned on my piano hymns playlist, loud (for the rest of the afternoon)
  • checked out what was up in my friends lives via facebook and blogs
  • pined for some Toms shoes...its going to happen soon. I will hhave me some of them. These might be winning. But I might go with something more boring that would go with more outfits.
  • went to hem some pants and shorten straps on a top, but couldnt because I cant figure out my moms surger
  • resorted to washing some dishes
  • stretched every part of my body taking like an hour
  • jumped on my mini trampoline (apparently its good for your health, it stimulates your lymph system or something)
  • went outside and soaked in some sunlight while reading the ensign
  • "played" the piano
  • browsed through this months alive magazine
  • contemplated life and the topic of my talk I will be giving in two weeks
  • now waiting impatiently for my mom to get home and fix her surger (she should have been home 45 mins ago...) so I can get on with my alterations....still listening to my piano hymns. Ever since Christmas I haven't really been attracted to normal music. I listened to only Christmas music for like 2 months...then when it was time to give that a rest I never really went back to popular music...I like listening to my piano hymns. Its a great way to rejuvenate yourself.
Anyways my point is...take some time for yourself....read a good book, stretch, do some light exercise, listen to calming music, just be outside and breathe, get a massage (which by the way I get 4 free ones from a massage student, the first one was wonderful)....whatever it is you like to do. Its ok to take time for yourself. I would say its necessary.

No comments: