Monday, February 20, 2012

this is a story of a boy

Actually 2 boys. I have odd encounters with the male gender. Oh gosh.

But don't worry....he didn't cry a river and drown the whole world...at least I don't think so.

We've been in contact for a couple months now, but until today had never had a real conversation. Here's how its gone:

encounter one: My ward went tree hunting for Christmas trees in the mountains, and I couldn't go but I asked them to bring me one if they could. This boy, we'll call him Tom was one of the guys that brought me the tree. That went as far as a "hey thanks for the tree."

Then several weeks ago I went to FHE and we played get to know you games. One of them was the winking game. There's a circle of girls in chairs and then a guy behind each girl, one guy has an empty chair so he winks at a girl to get her in his chair, the guy behind the girl tries to keep her. So anyways he winked at me several times....I didn't think too much of it though because lots of guys were winking at me....I'm pretty sure it's because I was good at getting away and was paying attention...I don't think it really had much to do with me. Well anyways after I got home later that night I got a facebook friend request and a message from this Tom guy and he said something like "hey thanks for participating tonight at FHE, it makes all the difference when people do!". I said oh yeah my pleasure, I had a great time.

The next week was a fast sunday and I bore my testimony. Then later that day I got another facebook message from Tom that said "Hey thanks for your testimony, I really enjoyed it...it was so pure. And you looked really put together. I liked your pearls." I said thank you in some form.

Then another day I commented on something on facebook so he must have seen I was on (I don't really go online chat that much) so he messaged me and from there we had a nice first date type conversation....he asked me about my family what I like to do what I'm up to....found out about my health and my gluten-free-ness (hes celiac). Gave me his cell number and told me to text him.

So up to here I wasn't really blaming him for not talking to me in person....because I had (/have) a tendency to run off pretty quick after FHE and church. So that could be my bad....but then he started to have his opportunities and I saw him glance at me quite often....but never took the chance. So I was like uh ok weird...I thought he might be interested- but only on facebook or texting- in person he seems afraid of my presence haha. And hes not a shy guy...so I don't really get it. I mean I'm not really looking for dating, but if I'm going to have a friend, I would like a real friend not a cyber friend haha.

so anyways on with our "encounters"...

Last week before church He texted me:
Tom: Good morning! Are you going to make it to church today?
me: Yup...I'm speaking!
Tom: Oh right...on sacrifice right?
Me: Thats correct!
Tom: haha I'm good at this game. Ok so my parents had a couple people over last night and they brought over a really neat home made gluten free snack...so I thought I would share! Question is can you have peanut butter?
Me: Yup I can. Thats nice of you, thanks for thinking of me!
Tom:Never a problem my dear, if it would put a smile on your face I would do just about anything for ya

So I was thinking sweet, we'll have a real conversation! ...no...he came over between sacrament and sunday school and I was still sitting, he bent down by my chair and quickly said hey here. I said oh thanks so much! and then he stood and hurried off... like he had something important to do. Then I walked into sunday school 2 seconds later and there he is just chilling with some people. Uh ok...confusing he is. I had to leave early from church to meet my stake pres so I texted him that afternoon after I had tried what he gave me and told him thanks again and that it was great, to which he replied "I'm glad you enjoyed it, I hope it helped you show off that sweet smile of yours".

next, last night he texted me saying hey open invitation to come do baptisms at 8:30 tomorrow morning, I know its early but what a great way to start your family day. So I decided to go, because I love going to the temple. So I told him I would be there and he said great, its my family and a couple friends so you're more than welcome. I was like oh great his family? But what could I really do...be like oh ahem actually cant make it-sorry! haha so I went anyways. It  was great, just a little funny that he through that out there after I agreed. So anyways....I was a bit late to the temple because my truck is terrifying and driving over 80 wasn't happening most of the time, but I made it and was able to calm down and have an enjoyable temple experience. Then afterward his mom invited the three friends Tom invited over for a brunch after...and so I agreed. I wanted to see if Tom would finally talk to me or if he would be really uncomfortable and entertaining in that way hahaha. I'm so cruel. But surprisingly he talked to me. Kind of....it helped that Logan was there too. The two of them are conversation hogs so I mostly just sat there and through in my two cents occasionally, but no it was good. Finally words were exchanged. Oh yeah and he asked me how my mission stuff was and again said he would like to be there when I go through the temple for the first time. I forgot to mention that snippet of  conversation. When he was asking me about my life on facebook I through out the mission thing to see if that would scare him off...but it didn't. In fact when I told him I might be able to go through the temple soon and that I was excited he said " that is exciting, I would like to be there that day." This was back when I wasn't sure it was happening (now I am quite sure I am) and I was just like "yeah so we'll see!" (EXCUSE ME?? we aren't even real friends and you just invited yourself to the temple with me for my first time?? what a guy). So anyways again that was mentioned again this morning that he wants to come and I was just like oh uh yeah...
Anwyay brunch was fantastic...Tom and his dad are both celiac so that was no problem at all for me, his mom is great at cooking gluten free....the pancakes coulda fooled me that they were regular ones if I didn't know.

And that my friends is where that stories at. I don't know about this Tom guy. Maybe the mission thing is scaring him off, just not enough haha.


So second boy. There's this guy from Edmonton that I'm pretty sure is interested in me...he randomly facebooked me a month or so ago after 2 years of not really speaking since I moved home from Edmonton. Last night he was texting me and He asked if there was any boys in my life yet (since 2 weeks ago the last time he asked me) and I was like nope....and then I through out that I'm thinking of serving a mission. And his response: "Really wow thats a big decision! What made you want to do that?" And I said "my patriarchal blessing actually" and then he didnt respond hahaha. In a way I'm kind of offended by his response. Tom asked me the same thing just more nicely. I feel like most people assume when a girl decides to go on a mission its because she couldn't get married. Anyways Tom actually seemed supportive of it and said he was excited for me....but this other guy doesn't seem to happy about it. Which is good, I through that one out there to scare him off because I'm not interested in him and he wants to come visit me from edmonton. So anyways just funny. Weird experiences I have with boys.

No comments: