So I am getting into the work at LDS family services and quite enjoying it. I've also felt the blessings of it/through it. I haven't been feeling as well the past week or so...but I felt strengthened during my service today. I dont think it was a coincidence.
So Every monday morning we have prayer meeting. We start with prayer, have a cultural belief moment, then a spiritual thought, then on with whatever buisiness items need to be discussed. Well there is a rotation schedule of who does what, and they are going to add me in to it for turns at prayer and spiritual thought. Thats a little intimidating. I mean I can pray no big deal....but I feel just a little inadequate to be giving these people a spiritual thought. They are councillors. They are more than twice my age. Should be a fun experience! I feel like I shouldn't even be at the meetings, never mind an active participant haha. I guess maybe as I learn more and get into it more, things will apply to me more. But for the most part they talk about things that I really have nothing to do with. Kevin, the head hauncho always asks me if there's any items I would like to bring up (by always I mean I've been to two meetings so far and hes asked me both times)...and I'm just like....uh...nope! Anyways....good times!
Monday, March 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment