Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Story time!

Once upon a time in a land called central processing...

Ok so at work today when it was my shift's supper time, we all went to the break room and then a few minutes later we realized one of us was missing, Elish. So I went back out to find her and make sure she knew it was supper time. I asked someone if they had seen her and they said they saw her go in case carts, so I just called out her name to see if she would answer...

Well I called out "Elish!"
Then the whole room went silent. Every head snapped around to look at me and there was a long silence...I swear even all the machines went quiet...
"Oh hey everyone...."
Then everyone began saying at once:
"What was that?"
"She speaks!"
"I have never heard that much noise come out of your mouth!"
"Whoa!"

I then proceeded to turn bright red and hastily make my way back to the break room. Good times. I think they would all have a heart attack if they could witness me on a rugby field!

2 comments:

lurel said...

Well that sure encourages you to talk more, when people start attacking you when you say something, haha.
It's funny though! Oh, life as an introvert.If only you guys could have a sprite drinking contest (foamy nose!) or laugh chocolate chips out your noses together,

Travis & Macaul said...

Yeah..this was so me when I first started! People have a hard time when I try and be bossy/serious! I suppose I'll always be the quiet and polite one!!