Saturday, June 16, 2012

YSA Conference

Well  I'm a little late with this post...but last weekend was the southern Alberta YSA conference. I had so much fun!! Maybe a little too much actually...

Friday was registration and various activities. There were two bounce house/astro jump sorts of things. Sadly I didn't choose to take part in that and I wish I did. There were also these big ball things. They were clear and you shimmy up the middle of them and then run around and bump into each other. Kind like the big sumo suits except for clear and round balls. That looked fun and I was going to give it a go but they were all taken when I went and I never went back. So unfortunately I payed for everyone else to have fun with that stuff haha. But thats ok. What I DID do though was play touch rugby. For like an hour or more. It was so so so fun. I miss that sport so much! Me and Jas were passing a ball, and more and more people joined us until there was enough that we decided to make a game of it. Man alive did it feel great. I was pretty dang tired by the end, but I surprised myself at how far I could push myself. I RAN! I haven't been able to do that in ages. I thought I would be dead the next day and incredibly sore...but I woke up and I was stiff, but not too bad. But- then the day went on and by the end of the day I was super sore! I was sore for several days (in fact I still am...but I was getting better until I played tennis on friday, then I got sore again...that's another story though). There was also a soccer game going on as well on the other half of the field.

Then that night after the games there was an outdoor dance at the institute building. I actually had a pretty good time other then I wanted to collapse from using everything in me to play rugby, but sometimes I can pull energy out of nowhere for a while and make it. I did a lot of that that evening. So fun though!

Saturday morning was the annual target hunger service project. The YSA are in charge of being at the stake center where family wards bring the collected bags and we sorted the food into their categories (canned veggies, canned soup, canned fruit, pasta, etc). This was actually the first year that I've participated in that part. I've been sick in past years. It was surprisingly a lot of fun! We got loads of food to donate to the food bank!
We then proceeded to the west stake center for some little mini class type things. One was on goal setting, one on temples and getting there, and one on- wait for it- marriage and dating! Wahoo! haha. But no they were fairly good!
Then we went to a park in coalhurst and had a barbecue and more games were played. Mostly soccer and Frisbee and passing a volleyball or rugby ball. Jas janae and I left after we ate thought because it was pretty windy and we were freezing and  tired. We watched a bit of a movie and then went to the dance. This time and indoor one on the west side. It was also a lot of fun. I was definitely still sore but I busted some moves anyways haha. So fun!
Sunday we ended the conference with a fireside. It was just a testimony meeting for all of YSA. I thought it would be speakers but they surprised us with that. It was good. Kinda funny though, because the first girl that got up bore her testimony of the conference. It was humorous to me. Luckily it was just her that had the idea in her head that since we were having a conference the purpose of the meeting must be to say how grateful we were to have so much fun and make friends. I think a lot of people don't get it, at all, what a testimony really is. I don't understand how so many people don't really understand what a testimony is, but there's lots. One girl got up and said she felt the spirit nudge her to but didn't feel like she had any cute stories, but she got up anyways and just bore a simple testimony. I was like uh yeah....stories aren't a testimony, what you just said is. Kinda blows my mind how many people just don't get it....or maybe just don't care and want to have a story time anyways. Ok rant over, it was a pretty good meeting anyways!

I am still exhausted from having so much fun, but it was worth it. Every muscle in my body was sore I think! It doesn't help that I've had quite the week at work. More on that, but I'll save that for another post. Good times!

No comments: