I made it through my first week of work! It was hard and every day I prayed I would make it through, like I said in my last post. Prayer works.
Its good to be working again. I love to be productive. I love to be working toward something. Which I am. A big something. I guess more than one big something. I'm excited to be working toward my goals again in a more tangable way.
The only thing I'm not loving about work...ok theres more than one thing, but the biggest thing is feeling like I dont know anything. I hate feeling inadaquate...I know everyone I work with has been where I have been, and they know there is tons to know and its not possible to know everything in no time....but I still feel so dumb and slow even though I'm sure I'm not. There's just so much to know it takes time. But its hard. I hate having to ask questions constantly...or be told I forgot something or did something wrong. For one thing doing even the slightest thing wrong in my job can have huge consequences and cause a lot of trouble. Its stressful. but anyways....I actually do really like my job so far. It may not be the most exciting profession but I like it. The other thing that is hard for me is that people are ALWAYS bringing in goodies...there's always multiple things being pushed at me in the break room that I should not eat. Its really hard for me to not eat that stuff. Especially when I say no once, and they tell me to eat it 3 more times, every time, before they give up or I cave and eat junk that makes me sick.
Anyways I am so thankful that I am able to work...I by no means am well, but I am making it and I'll take it. I hurt so bad and get exausted before lunch and by the end of the day I'm toast....but I can do it!
I'm excited for this week...I have day shifts (9-5 and 7-3) so I wont be working late this week. And I get to be in some of my favourite areas, so it should be good. Having to be at work at 6:45ish in the morning might be brutal....but it will be nice to be able to get off earlier even though all I will probably do is go home and collapse on the couch for a couple hours!
Making progress is a wonderful feeling.
PS the title of this post is a song in case you haven't heard it. Its a gooder- I saw God today by George Straight
Friday, July 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment