-By Brendan Matkin
2 tomatillos
1/2 onion
1-2 cloves garlic
1 Jalapeno (seeded and stemmed, white part removed-its apparently the hottest, unless you want that)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt
lime juice
avacodo
1. Blanch tomatillos and 1/4 cup of onion
2. roast minced garlic and Jalapeno
3. Saute the rest of the onion and minced garlic
4. Blend all ingredients
5.cook in a frying pan (just a bit, not too much)
Ok so his recipe is a little funny. He told me how to make it like 2 or 3 years ago, and I'm pretty sure when he was explaining the blanch part he said to do it in a frying pan and just cook them lightly until they turn translucent, you may need to add a dab of butter or oil or something, I did. But my mom says thats not what blanching means. So anyways you can do what I just explained, or do for real blanching. I also cooked the minced garlic and jalapeno in a little pan on the stove for a minute or two, and then stuck it in the toaster oven for a minute or two as well. So you can kind of make up how you want to do the steps is what I'm getting at haha. The salt and lime juice is to taste. I would suggest doubling the recipe, because it doesnt make much at all, I doubled it and it still isnt a lot. But it does have avacodo so it doesnt last long in the fridge. If you're making it for more than one or two people-I would like quadruple it! So good! Oh and the cilantro is optional, I didnt have any this time and it turned out yummy. I'm not a huge fan of cilantro so I dont think I put much in it the first time I made it either, but if you like it then go for it!
Here's a couple pictures for ya:
![]() |
| The finished dip! Yum! |



1 comment:
Looks good!
Haha, yeah, blanching is with boiling water, that silly kid.
Post a Comment