Sunday, March 4, 2012

Full!

This weekend has been so great. I have have been refuelled for a new week for sure! Friday I worked until 9:15 so I didn't do anything really, I came home and told my mom about my day and then read and went to bed!

Saturday I slept in, had sourdough pancakes compliments of my mommy, then for the rest of the morning I wrote letters to my missionary friends. I have 4 wonderful friends out serving and I love to write them and hear from them.

I then went for lunch with Jas to a Vietnamese restaurant, the food was decent, if I go there again that wont become the thing I order every time (that's what I usually do- find something I love and go with it forever haha), it was good but not a favourite. Then we met up with Janae and Eden and went to beauty and the beast in 3D! I was surprised about how little I remembered of that movie. I mean I probably haven't seen it in well over a decade, so its fair. Anyways that was great! Generally I think the whole 3D thing is getting way over done but it was cool.

After that I moved on to some great family time. Brenda and Dustin, Mark and his daughter Rylee, me, and my mom went to holiday bowl and bowled a couple games. It was so fun, and it was fun to have a child around. Sometimes children make things more fun. Then we came back to our house and had supper and then Mark and Rylee went home, my dad watched hockey, and the rest of us played Rook. I can no longer really say much when my mom sucks at the game because me and her were partners and that was THE WORST game of Rook I have ever played. We always play to 500, I don't know if that's what most people do...anyways Brenda and Dustin got 500 exactly while me and my mom were still in the negatives...we'll just say that. I still had a blast though, it was kinda just really funny! My first hand was pretty fantastic and I took the bid....then the kitty ruined it a little bit but I thought I would still be fine....no, Brenda and Dustin got 120 hahahaha. Woops. Then I ended up winning the bid another one when I was fully intending on bidding the other team up. That was a disaster, I really had nothing to go on. Anyways brutal. It wasn't all my fault but a lot of it was haha. We stopped playing Rook at about 10:30 because Brenda and Dustin thought they would go home...but we ended up talking until 12:15. Haha woops! It was great though. We don't get much quality time together so when we do sometimes we get a little carried away. I loved spending time with my family- and friends! Best of both worlds yesterday!

Today my church meetings were fantastic. Testimony meeting was wonderful, sunday school I went to temple prep, also great, but my favourite was probably relief society. The lesson given was on waiting upon the Lord. There were not very many dry eyes in that room judging by all the sniffles I heard. I started tearing up and it progressed to bawling by the end haha. It was a really good lesson and it just really striked (stroked?) a cord with me I guess. Sometimes I just overflow and it comes out in whatever way is appropriate at the time, and since laughing wouldn't have been, it was tears. Good tears though. I would start to get myself under control and then something else would be said and it would just start all over. I only had one kleanex and by the end I kept using it but it wasn't taking any more haha. Anyways it was so...wonderful. My cup is already full and there's still a CES fireside tonight. I don't know if I can take any more in haha.

Good, good weekend!

This sums up much of the lesson really good I think!

2 comments:

NicoleMac said...

Dear Michelle! I love reading your blog, even if I don't comment very often. I miss YSA relief society so much and I'm glad to hear your having so much fun lately! we need to have a girls night soon :) haha I love you "striked" "stroked lol I had to think about it for a second but I think you were looking for struck ( don't you love moments like that! ) Today I was telling my parents about the cross iron mall mills hahaha and I meant the cross iron mills mall :)

Michelle said...

BAHA yeah thats the word I was looking for!

I love comments! And I love reading your blog as well! I cant believe you are going to be a mommy! So exciting! Can I visit your baby lots? I want my siblings to have babies so bad haha!

agreed we should have a girls night!!