Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Saying good-bye to 21!

With 21 thoughts/lessons learned/fav quotes/insights/pics/etc:


1. One of the first highlights of being 21, was graduating from my program!
2. Waterton in the summer is always a big highlight....sunbathing, kayaking, swimming, hiking, ice cream (yes I know that shouldn't be on the list for me, but in waterton I eat it anyways), biking, visiting friends, sweet theatre presentations, etc.
3. I finally after a few months of resumes and calling around, landed me a job at the hospital! And I was able to work. It was iffy if I would make it through each day as I got super ill after graduating. But I took the job feeling that it was put in my path and a good thing for me, with faith that it would work out. And it did. Coming up on a year working there, the beginning of July! Crazy!
4. My very first trip to Saskatchewan to visit Cathy! Including a street sale, hanging out on the beach, second hand shopping finding sweet clothes, making food, sushi, and just plain hanging out!
5. Halloween! I have grown a love for dressing up, and a standard of hard-core-ness. If theres the opportunity, I must take it. This year I won best single costume! So fun!
6. The right thing and the hardest thing are often the same thing

7. I am never alone.

8. I have amazing parents. Sometimes little, and bigger things they do drive me wild. But I have been reminded time and time again through this past year and the years before that they really are amazing people. To some it up, they keep their covenants, which includes a whole bunch of qualities that they possess. They are wonderful and always there for me.

9. True and lasting happiness comes in following the will of Heavenly Father. This lesson has really personally hit home with me over the past year especially. Its something we've always been taught, but I only just really tested it out this past year or so. Don't get me wrong, I've always tried to do whats right. I guess maybe I've just been more in tune lately and notice that even the smallest slip with scripture study for example, can make a big big difference in life.

10. On that note... this year I've really realized how important scripture study is. Not just reading to read, but really studying and pondering and keeping such things in the front of your mind. I have never super struggled with scripture reading, but I have only just this year begun to really feast regularly. And if you haven't done such, I highly suggest it. They blessings promised from doing so really do come. I'm happier, more grounded, more spiritually sensitive, and receive many other blessings when I am doing so. Its something so simple that we can do, that holds such a great power.

11. I have amazing friends. Time and time again I realize this.

12. Most of the time it isn't in God's design to change our circumstances, but for us to come unto him and seek his help for the strength to change them ourselves, or to learn and grow.


13. I love my hair long! I used to always grow it long, chop it to shoulder length, repeat. But I love my long hair, I got a trim yesterday and I didn't even want to take that much off, but the ends were bad and needed it.

14. I got my wish. I always said that I hoped when my cat died, that he just wouldn't come home one day because I didn't want to find him dead. Well that happened! And I must say I miss the little guy! Could always count on a greeting and a snuggle from him, sometimes more than I wanted haha. He lived a good life though!

15. I love my family. At the end of the day, family really is all that matters. Even when I feel like I don't have anyone else, I have my family, and they are some of my best friends.

16. My co-workers had a glimpse of how I can be a real person. I do speak. If you missed that story you can find it here. It was priceless.

17. D&C 84:88 "I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you to bear you up."
This scripture has really helped me along the way when I was super sick and didn't have strength enough of my own to get through whatever it was at the time that I needed to. I would pray that his angels would be round about me to bear me up, and they were. When I was super sick going into a new job and didn't even think I could stand up, never mind work. I prayed for this blessing, and I was granted it. Each day I made it through with strength beyond my own, and I eventually gained strength and more health.

18. Mosiah 4:9, D&C 6:36 "Believe in God; Believe that he is and that he created all things both in Heaven and in Earth. Believe that he has all wisdom and all power, both in heaven and in earth. Believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend."
"Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not, fear not."
These scriptures have also become a favourite that are always in my mind. When these truths are deep in your heart-what else matters? Come what may and love it. God is over all.

19. The atonement is real. It has power to purify and help us change. Each one of us. It is for sin, for shortcomings, for sorrow and pain, and affliction of every kind. But it is also to assist good people in becoming better. It is not only for sin. It is there for us every day, in every thing. I may have posted this a while back already, but I just loved this article, I've read it multiple times, and it will probably stay in my collection of favourites. I highly recommend it!

20. I became a part time sister missionary, serving 2 days a week at LDS family services! (Excuse the bad self-take) Its really nice to be able to have more days devoted to spiritual things, and serving others. I am definitely feeling the blessings of serving, and hope to make a positive difference in the lives of those I serve and serve with.
21. I got to go through the temple for my first time and receive my endowment. It was a wonderful experience and I'm excited to go often.



Good-bye 21, hello 22! I'm excited to see what my 22nd year has in store for me. It will be a great one, I'm sure!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Good year. I can't believe you're 22.... SO WEIRD. Blows my mind weird. But love you!