Sunday, June 23, 2013

2 months

Its 6am and i  cant sleep... i woke up around 4:30 to go to the bathroom and cant get back to sleep. Rawr. Why not blog?
Well yesterday was the two month mark being on the elimination diet. I was originally told that I would need to do it for two months and then slowly one by one start adding foods back into my life, and if there is no adverse reaction than I can keep eating it. Well the point the diet is to get rid of symptoms so that when you add a food back in you can tell if it was a problem or not. Sadly my symptoms have not improved. So at my over-the-phone follow up appointment (with someone different than my initial appointment) I asked her if I should keep eating the total elimination diet or add foods even though there's been no real change... she said to start adding foods, 'maybe you'll just have to see what makes you feel better I guess'.

As much as I would really love to start eating more things again...that just doesn't make sense to me considering the point of the diet and the desired outcome of healing and finding out what foods don't agree with me and are making things worse. So I'm not sure what I want to do. I really don't want the past two months to be for nothing if I start adding foods in and ruin it. It hasnt been a walk in the park to keep this "diet" up 100%. That's what its had to be. Absolutely perfect or it wouldn't work. I'm so proud of myself that I have done that. Maybe its easy for some people but for me its a big test of self control daily. So anyway maybe I'm still eating something that is bugging my guts? Maybe I'll start cutting even more things out to see. Its hard to imagine cutting more out though...I alredy can't eat anything. Blah.

So in the meantime of being off work I decided to take up crocheting. I started watching tutorials online a few days ago, bought myself a hook and started practicing on some yarn we had laying around. I plan to make myslef some slippers and a blanket!

No comments: